Following is a brief overview of the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II exam and certification with a factual look at the career opportunities for Salesforce developers.
CRM Market – Some Facts
From a market of US$ 23.14 billion in 2015, by the end of the year 2019, the CRM market size was USD 44.64 billion and according to the projections, the CRM market is expected to reach $80 billion in the year 2025. At the moment CRM is the fastest-growing segment in the software market.
Salesforce is the market leader with 19.8% shares whereas Oracle at 5.35% is second, followed by SAP at 4.8%, Adobe at 3.9%, and Microsoft at 3.8%.
Salesforce – The Platform
Salesforce is a customer relationship management solution bringing customers and businesses together. It is an integrated CRM platform that provides a unified shared view of the individual customer to all business departments — like marketing, sales, commerce, and service.
Who Are Salesforce Platform Developers?
Let’s see what Trailhead, The Training and Certification platform think about them;
Salesforce Platform Developer – As A Career
In the last 5 years, the global developers’ market has seen a 206% annual growth. As more businesses are adopting Salesforce solutions, the requirement for Salesforce developers is steadily rising. Salesforce and its ecosystem of partners are estimated to create 3.3 million new jobs In between 2016 and 2022. Salesforce developer is among the most critical positions in the Salesforce deployments.
At present, the average annual takehome for a Salesforce Developer in the United States is $115,403.
Depending upon the recruiter, job-role, location, years of experience, and skills level it can be as high as $174,500 and as low as $48,000 across the United States.
About the Salesforce Platform Developer II Credential
The Salesforce Platform Developer II program is designed for individuals who would like to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in advanced programmatic capabilities of the Lightning Platform and data modeling to develop complex business logic and interfaces. The candidate can design, develop, test, and deploy programmatic solutions that are maintainable, reusable, and follow design patterns and object-oriented programming best practices.
The Salesforce Platform Developer I credential is a prerequisite for the program.
Effective June 28, 2017, the Salesforce Platform Developer II (PDII) certification consists of two parts: a proctored multiple-choice exam and four Trailhead Superbadges which replace the Programming Assignment. Similar to the Programming Assignment, superbadges show that you can apply what you’ve learned to advanced, real-world business requirements covering features, concepts, and scenarios that are essential for a Platform Developer II to know, including Apex programming, data integration, and more.
All four of the superbadges—Apex Specialist, Data Integration Specialist, Aura Components Specialist, and Advanced Apex Specialist—are available on Trailhead. Log in to your Trailhead account, or sign up for one if needed, and you can begin completing the superbadges.
Audience Description: Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
The Salesforce Platform Developer II program is intended for an individual who has experience developing custom applications on the Lightning Platform, including practical application of the skills and concepts noted in the exam objectives below.
The Salesforce Platform Developer II generally has two to four years of experience as a developer, including at least one year of design, implementation, and deployment experience on the Lightning Platform.
- The Salesforce Platform Developer II candidate has the experience, skills, and knowledge outlined below.
- Understands the principles and best practices of Salesforce data modeling, interface design, code development, and testing, and can apply these principles in real-world development environments.
- Is capable of defining appropriate solutions to meet specific business challenges/process requirements to extend/customize the platform by applying knowledge of declarative and programmatic features of the Lightning Platform.
- Is competent in developing Apex code that will scale to large data sets and has a good understanding of platform behaviors, limits, and performance considerations.
- Is competent in tuning Visualforce pages and understands performance implications of the controller design.
- Understands and applies best practices for general web and Salesforce-specific security concerns.
- Can design and implement complex sharing models using declarative and programmatic methods.
- Can design and implement a test plan that ensures adequate quality (for example; code coverage, application behaviors, scalability, environment independence, security) across application components.
- Can deploy custom applications, has a broad understanding of the Salesforce development lifecycle, understands deployment tools, and knows when to apply each tool.
- Understands and can implement Apex SOAP and REST web services, and how to call out from Apex using SOAP and REST.
- Understands and uses asynchronous programming (queueable, batchable, schedulable, @future, etc.).
- Understands and applies appropriate techniques for error and exception handling in various programmatic contexts.
- Implements best practices for trigger development and design patterns, other business logic development, and re-use.
- Knows how to surface Lightning Web Components and Aura Components on a Lightning page, Visualforce page, and with Quick Actions.
About the Exam
- Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 120 minutes
- Passing score: 70%
- Prerequisite: Salesforce Platform Developer I credential
Preparing For The Exam
With hard work, a focused approach, and a regular study schedule, you can earn any certification. Based on the feedback from the candidates who have passed Salesforce in their first attempt with a higher percentage, we have found DumpsLeader to be a reliable source of training for the: Salesforce PDII exam. DumpsLeader is known for its innovative PDF + Testing Engine compiled for sure success. DumpsLeader provides you well-researched training material with a money-back guarantee. The best thing about DumpsLeader is the braindumps which are carefully compiled by experienced professionals.
A dedicated and planned study approach combined with the right training material is a great recipe for success.
With CRM software being the largest shareholder application platform and Salesforce being the undoubted market leader, It is a great career in terms of employability and remuneration. The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II is among the most acknowledged certification for developers track. This career-oriented certification can be yours with persistence and the right training.